Please note the following regulations, which come into force on the 15th of September 2021. The 3G proof is decisive. The regulations enable a safe course of the winter semester 2021/22 and must always be observed in your own interest and in the interest of the entire TU Vienna community.
Teachers/employees and students of the TU Vienna must present proof of a low epidemiological risk to the security service when entering a TU building:
Proof of vaccination (complete immunisation) with an EU-approved vaccine against COVID-19 (BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson) is required - more information on the vaccines can be found on the information pages of the Federal Ministry of Health, opens an external URL in a new window.
- In case of immunisation by two partial vaccinations: Proof of vaccination is valid from the second vaccination, whereby the first vaccination may not be longer than 9 months ago.
- In case of immunisation by vaccination with only one dose: proof of vaccination is valid for 9 months from the 22nd day after vaccination with only one dose.
The TU Vienna urgently appeals to get vaccinated! Therefore, from Monday, 6th of September 2021, there will be a vaccination point at the TUW campus Karlsplatz. You can find more information on the page Vaccination at TU Vienna.
The City of Vienna offers different testing options - for more information, see the info page on Corona testing options in Vienna, opens an external URL in a new window. For tested persons, the following validity periods apply depending on the test carried out:
A PCR test (e.g. via the "alles gurgelt" campaign) is valid for 48 hours from sample collection.
The TU Vienna provides PCR gargle tests for its employees and students if required. You can obtain a maximum of 3 test kits per week from the security boxes at the TU locations by presenting your employee/student ID and entering your name on the list. Hand in your identity-checked test at a REWE branch of your choice (Billa, Billa Plus, Penny, Bipa or a petrol station with a REWE shop) - if this is done before 9 a.m., you will usually receive the result by the next morning.
- A rapid antigen test from an authorised centre is valid for 24 hours from the time the sample is taken.
For spontaneous testing on site, tests can be made in pharmacies near the TU, e.g. Paulaner Apotheke (1040 Vienna, Wiedner Hauptstraße 18; Mon.-Fri. 08:00 - 14:00) or Apotheke zum Hl. Geist (1010 Vienna, Operngasse 16).
Persons who have already recovered can provide the following evidence:
- Proof of recovery according to §4d Epidemic Act 1950
- Segregation notice issued to a person confirmed to have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 180 days.
- Proof of neutralising antibodies, which must not be older than 90 days.
Access controls: Fast Lane with verification via TISS upload
You have the option of uploading your vaccination, test or recovery certificate to TISS in advance and in accordance with data protection regulations. This ensures a simple and time-saving access control at the entrances ("fast lane"). We therefore recommend that you make use of this option. The security service will check the validity of your 3G credentials on your smartphone on site using a specially developed TISS feature: Details about the function and structure can be found on the TISS 3-G verification website, which is updated on an ongoing basis.
Of course, you can still show the 3G proof electronically (e.g. with the "Grüner-Pass-App" of BRZ GmbH on your smartphone) or on paper together with your proof of identity when accessing in a separate lane. Please note, however, that this check is much more time-consuming.
Attention: People who do not provide 3G proof will not be admitted!
Information on the coronavirus
Find all applicable rules of conduct as well as all important regulations and guidelines concerning ongoing operations on the TU Vienna information page on the coronavirus.
Rules of conduct on campus
As before, the following rules of conduct continue to apply to your stay in the TU Vienna buildings:
- Mask: In public areas at the TU Vienna (corridors, courtyards, etc.) as well as in the teaching room up to the seat the wearing of a mask (i.e. mouth-nose-protection or FFP2 mask) is strongly recommended.
- QR code scan and contact person management:
- For teachers/employees: Continued mandatory QR code registration when entering TUW buildings. If you invite external guests to meetings at the TUW, please inform them about the access control including 3G proof and keep in mind that their access must be registered by you in advance in TISS under "Organisation/Guest access" (TUW login required!).
- For students: Continued mandatory QR code registration when on campus or in the lecture hall or teaching room at the seat.
- Reporting your suspected or actual COVID-19 case:
- For teachers/employees: Employees are obliged to inform the university via the online form: Notification of suspected COVID-19 case for employees (TUW login required!).
- For students: Students are obliged to inform the university via online form: Notification of COVID-19 Suspected Case for Students (TUW login required!).
- Safety distance: Please continue to keep your distance from other people.
- Hygiene: Please continue to wash and disinfect your hands regularly.
The measures that the TU Vienna is taking within the framework of its autonomy to maintain the very high level of protection and with the help of which it would like to once again offer the most active, social university life possible on campus, find their legitimation in the General Data Protection Regulation, in the 2nd COVID-19 Higher Education Act and the 6th Rectorate Regulation on measures for participation in on-site lectures and examinations in the winter semester 2021/22.