Master’s Programmes in Civil Engineering
- Course ID
UE 066 505 - Master’s Programme Civil Engineering Science
UE 066 510 - Master’s Programme Management of Infrastructure (to be discontinued)
- Duration of course
- Certificate received upon completion
Master of Science
- Course programmes
The master's programme in Civil Engineering lasts four semesters and comprises 120 ECTS credits. The course leads to the academic qualification of 'Diplom-Ingenieur', broadly equivalent to Master of Engineering. A bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a similar qualification is a condition of entry.
In the master's programme Civil Engineering, students select two out of six specialisations, each consisting of two modules M1 - master's-specific studies and M2 - specialised studies:
- Structural Engineering – Supporting Structures
- Structural Engineering – Theory and Simulation
- Construction Process Management
- Traffic and Mobility
- Water and Resources
For module M3 - additional studies, courses from any of the specialist areas may be selected.
The master's programme in Civil Engineering provides a specialised education that is of a high quality in scientific and methodological terms and geared towards lasting knowledge, as a result of which graduates will be prepared and able to compete internationally either for a higher qualification, usually a relevant doctoral programme, or for employment, for example in one of the following areas of activity:
- design, planning and independent preparation of static, dynamic and structural calculations for the construction, operation and demolition of structural facilities in demanding areas such as high-rise, underground, bridge and water construction and infrastructure
- independent performance of planning, testing, monitoring, consultative, coordination, mediation and trust-related services, specifically for the purposes of taking measurements, conducting surveys, professionally representing public authorities and bodies, implementing projects from an organisational and commercial point of view, and undertaking overall planning projects
- management, monitoring and cost quotation of construction projects
- conduct of analytic, conceptional and planning tasks in the field of infrastructure, particularly of joint natural/technical systems in traffic management, water exploitation and resource management
- management tasks and senior management.
In accordance with the principles of a university education, a high degree of independence and self-reliance is expected of students, which will also prepare them for future professional life. Students also have the opportunity to complete a semester abroad.
Dean of Studies
Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn.
Vice Dean of Studies
Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn.