Erasmus+ staff mobility: Teaching Assignments (STA)
"Teaching Assignments" are funded teaching placements for university teachers from the TUW at foreign universities, or guest lectures given by staff of international companies at TU Wien.
At TU Wien, this EU-funded programme is coordinated by the International Office.
Contact in the International Office:
Mag. Andreas Zemann, Tel. 01 58801 41552, firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Teaching assignments of university teachers from TU Wien at foreign universities, or guest lectures given by staff of international companies at TU Wien.
Requirements: The host university must have an Erasmus+ Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) and a bilateral agreement with TUW.
Programme countries: The 28 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Turkey.
Duration of stay: 2 days up to a maximum of 2 months. The teaching assignments are usually short visits not exceeding one week. The minimum requirement for a teaching assignment is 8 teaching hours.
The course taught should be integrated into the corresponding curriculum at the host university. Your contribution can be made either as an independent course, or as part of an existing one.
Teaching assignments are financed by TUW from the funds of the Erasmus+ Programme. Travel and hotel expenses are reimbursed based on receipts and daily flat rates. Travel to and from the airport with public transport (taxis in justified exceptional cases only) counts as part of the journey. Please pay attention to economy costs!
Organisation and implementation:
Before the teaching assignment:
- Find out about existing Erasmus partnerships in your faculty which you might use, and get in touch with the respective contact persons if necessary.
- If there is no agreement with the preferred host university, please contact the International Office (Zemann).
- Coordinate the content and time of your course with your partner abroad.
- Specify your teaching programme in the form “Mobility Agreement - Teaching”, get it signed by the respective parties (teacher, host university, TUW) and submit it to the International Office (Zemann). Note: No originals are required!
- Apply for a business trip in ESS and quote internal order number “EUM063010001” (“Innenauftrag”). In the field “Purpose of the trip”, please indicate “Erasmus+ Lehrauftrag”.
After the teaching assignment:
- After the end of your stay, ask the host university to confirm your teaching assignment (form), and submit the form to the International Office (Zemann).
- Submit your travel accounting in ESS and send the original supporting documents to the Accounting Department (please note: for budget reasons, a maximum of 2 teaching assignments can be accepted per institute and academic year).
- After the settlement, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to a report, which you must complete online.
Information for ERASMUS departmental coordinators (download):