ERASMUS is a university mobility programme of the EU and part of the ‘ERASMUS+ programme’. The programme promotes mobility of students and teachers, organisation of intensive programmes, and cooperative curriculum development.
Attention! Special case Switzerland!
Switzerland does not officially participate in ERASMUS+ at present. However, you can still apply and be nominated for Switzerland using the Erasmus application in TISS. Swiss universities pay all nominated incoming students a grant from the SWISS MOBILITY PROGRAMME.
Erasmus Code of TU Wien: A WIEN02
Organisation at TU Wien
The International Office coordinates the ERASMUS programme at TU Wien in cooperation with the departmental coordinators.
Bilateral agreements with the partner universities form the basis for all mobility activities.
ERASMUS for students
How can I receive an ERASMUS grant?
- Find out about currently available ERASMUS places in your field of study, as well as about the general programme guidelines (not yet available). (Home pages of universities worldwide at http://univ.cc/)
- Apply to one of the departmental coordinators for a study place (from 01/02 to 15/03 for the winter and summer semester or from 01/07 to 15/10 for the remaining summer semester places).
- The application must be submitted through Mobility Services.
- You can only apply if you are logged into TISS!
- Software requirements: When applying in TISS, please make sure that you are using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Other browsers do not usually support data uploads in the Mobility Service.
- Multiple study stays: Erasmus+ enables you to study abroad more than once. For each study cycle (Bachelor’s/Master's/PhD), you have 12 months available for Erasmus. Please note that you can NOT apply to the same host university more than once. Applications to the same host country are possible, however.
- Extensions are only possible from the winter to the summer semester, i.e. the study stays must take place within the same academic year.
- The selection of the grant holders is based on an expert ranking done by the programme coordinator on the basis of the submitted documents. The documents to be submitted (uploaded) by the applicants are listed in TISS Mobility Services. Usually, is they include the transcript of records, CV and language certificate.
- After your nomination by the departmental coordinator, you must draw up a provisional study programme ("Learning Agreement - Recognition Certificate ["Anrechnungsbescheid"]"), which should be signed by the Dean of Academic Affairs in your field of study. Submission to the International Office by 15/05 at the latest for the winter semester (onwards), by 15/11 at the latest for the summer semester. It is necessary to obtain at least 3 ECTS per each started month of your stay abroad.
- Signing the ERASMUS grant agreement with the OeAD.
- On return: Recognising of the completed courses by the Dean of Academic Affairs and submitting the Recognition Certificate ("Anrechnungsbescheid") to the Admission Office.
- The complete process is described in our Checklist.
- Grant amounts for study trips.
- Special grant: Students with a disability or students with children, can apply to OeAD for a special grant for the stay.
Contact in International Office:
[T]: +43 1 58801 41562
Service Unit of International Relations and Mobility Programmes
Gusshausstrasse 28, 1st floor
OPENING HOURS for students
9:30-11:30 and 13:30-16:30
9:30-11:30 and 13:30-16:30