The Certificate of special university entrance qualification for university studies consists in the fulfilment of additional study specific admission requirements including the admission statement to the chosen degree programme, applicable in the state which issued the secondary education diploma or the bachelor or master diploma.
In order to be admitted at the TU Wien, you have to prove that you would be entitled to an admission to your chosen degree programme in the country which issued your secondary education diploma for the semester you want to start your studies at the TU Wien. A corresponding confirmation referring to the nearest related branch of studies must be provided in cases where the branch of studies applied for does not exist in the country where the secondary school leaving diploma was issued.
All applicants who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state have to prove they are entitled to an admission to the chosen degree programme, applicable in the country which issued the secondary education diploma/bachelor or master diploma for the semester you want to start your studies at the TU Wien.
The confirmation must be issued by a technical university / faculty of the country where the secondary school leaving diploma was issued. It must be valid for the desired date of commencement of studies at the TU Wien.
There are special regulations regarding admission for applicants holding a secondary education diploma/academic degree issued in certain states and for applicants holding a citizenship of certain countries.
- Citizens of EU and EEA countries with a proof of general university entrance qualification (independent of the country of issue).
- The center of the vital interests of the applicant or the person obliged to provide maintenance for the applicant (i.e. exclusively a parent or spouse) has continuously been in Austria throughout the 5 years directly preceding the application. The center of vital interests in Austria must be proven by submission of a registration certificate. Additionally, an insurance certificate, a work certificate, a wage tax card or similar document must be provided.
- The applicant or the person obliged to provide maintenance for the applicant enjoy diplomatic immunity in Austria (submission of the legitimisation card).
- The applicant is a refugee officially recognised in Austria pursuant to the Geneva Convention.
- The applicant has applied for asylum in Austria and asylum proceedings are pending. In this case, a valid asylum card must be submitted.
- The applicant submits a secondary school leaving diploma issued by an Austrian school abroad (e.g. St. Georgs Kolleg in Istanbul).
- The applicant is a foreign journalist accredited and having his or her main occupation in Austria. This provision also includes the spouses and children of foreign journalists (submission of the accreditation document).
- The applicant has been granted a scholarship for the intended course of studies under provisions of a state treaty or, in the same amount, from those funds of an Austrian territorial authority that must, pursuant to the financial provisions of the relevant territorial authority, expressly be used for scholarships.