What does Co-Registration mean?
Students who make use of another University's teaching while remaining fully enrolled at only one university are called co-registered students (Mitbeleger). Some degree programmes at the University of Vienna, at TU Wien and at the University of Economics (WU) are 'inter-universitary courses'. Students of these degree programmes also have to register as co-registered students at the beginning of every semester.
Students of TU Wien can co-register at other universities, too. The procedures are similar but not identical. Please find information at the respective university you want to co-register at and mind the admission periods.
Please note: co-registration
- has to be renewed every semester within the admission periode
- is possible only between Austrian Universities!
Co-Registration at the TU Wien
Step 1: Continuation of your studies
First you have to register the continuation of your studies at your home university (by paying the ÖH fee and any tuition fees), only then is it possible to co-register at other universities.
Step 2: Online study application
For the first-time co-registration at TU Wien, the Online-Registration has to be made. If you ever have been enrolled at TU Wien before or have pursued a course of study, the Online-Registration is not necessary.
Step 3: Required documents
Use the application form, opens a file in a new window to apply for co-registration. On this form you will find the text for the pre-approval, which has to be filled in and signed by the responsible governing body. Within the admission deadlines, the Admissions Office must receive the following documents by email:
- Application form with filled out pre-approval for taking the chosen course/examination at TU Wien for the current semester by the governing body responsible for study affairs at the home university (e.g. Dean of Studies, Curriculum Director, Head of the Study Programme, Vice-Rector for Acadamic Affairs)
- Proof of having passed the StEOP in the bachelor's degree programme (transcript of records with the note "STEOP completed"), issued by the governing body responsible for study affairs at the home university
- Proof of at least 30 ECTS of the diploma or master's degree course pursued (transcript of records)
- current study sheet of the home university
- valid student ID-card
Step 4: Continuation of co-registration
For the continuation of the co-registration in the following semester, the documents required for co-registration must be sent to the Admissions Office by email within the admission deadlines.
Changing your degree programme
You are currently a student at TU Win and would like to change to a bachelor or master programme? On the part of TU Wien you can change your degree programme as often as you like, but changing your study programme might take influence on the fact if you are eligible to receive certain grants or benefits (e.g. in Austria: "Familienbeihilfe" and "Studienbeihilfe").
Please note that passed exams can only be registered as long as you are still enrolled in the study programme. If you change your studies then you will be dergistered from your old study programme immediately but your new study programme will officially begin on March 1st or October 1st (depending on the semester you changed your dgree programme in). You find the form for deregistration here.
Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Vienna
Tel: +43 1 58801-41188
During our opening hours please take hindered availability into account! You can call us also prior and after our opening hours.
- Monday: 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1.30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.