Researcher in Control Engineering (PreDoc)
02th May 2022
We are looking for junior research assistants (pre-doctoral scientists) to expand our work group of Control and Process Automation. We offer several interesting and challenging positions at the TU Wien with a focus on modern control engineering methods (modelling & system identification, simulation, linear & non-linear control, optimisation). In particular, we seek highly motivated candidates for positions in the following research fields:
- ageing analysis and performance optimization of fuel cells in high-dynamic operation (in cooperation with the company AVL List GmbH, Graz)
- battery monitoring and management
- holistic enery management of al logistic fleet of e-cooling trucks
- as well as other topics in optimal control and estimation in automotive, mechatronics and energy systems
These positions offer the possibility to write a dissertation and are offered as full-time positions (40hrs/week).
- completed (or advanced) relevant undergraduate (MSc-level) university studies, e.g. mathematics, physics,
mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, process engineering or mechatronics
- high interest in developing future propulsion and energy systems. Optional: prior experience in these areas
- high degree of motivation and commitment
- ability to work in a team (working language: English)
Your areas of responsibility
- scientific work in our research team
- direct contact and cooperation with renowned industry partners in research projects
- preparation of scientific publications and conference presentations
- cooperation in university teaching
Please send us your detailed application documents (including a letter of motivation and CV) via E-Mail to career.E325@tuwien.ac.at at your earliest convenience. Please direct any queries to this E-Mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Selected reference projects
For the advertised position (full-time), the collective agreement tariff for project assistants, salary group B 1, § 49 (3) KV applies. The advertised position is subject to a minimum basic salary of EUR 3,058.60 gross per month (full-time equivalent).
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.