Priv.-Doz. Dr.-Ing., M.Sc., B.Sc.
Head of the research group "Smart and Knowledge-Based Maintenance" | Institute of Management Science
Division of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Habilitation (venia docendi) in Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, TU Wien, 2021
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (Summa cum laude), Faculty of Science and Technology, Universität Siegen, 2014
- M.Sc. in Mechatronics, Dep. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science & Dep. of Mechanical Engineering, Universität Siegen, 2008
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2005
- Visiting Lecturer & Associated Faculty, Chair of Production and Logistics Management, Universität Siegen (Since 2017)
- Project Leader - Thematic area of Digital Learning and Information Systems, Department of Advanced Industrial Management, Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH (Since 2021)
- Senior Researcher in Industrial Data Science, Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH (Since 2017)
- Head of Digitalization and Competence Management, Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH
- Visiting Lecturer & Associated Faculty, Chair of Production and Logistics Management, Universität Siegen (Since 2017)
Areas of Research Interests
- Industry 4.0 and Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Production and Maintenance Management
- Knowledge-Based Operations Management
- Human-Centered Cyber Physical Production Systems
- Knowledge Management (Human- and Machine Factors) in Smart and Learning Factories
- Data-driven Industrial Engineering
- Industrial AI – Application of Semantic Modeling, Text Mining and Predictive Data Analytic in Manufacturing Systems and Production Processes
- Design of Information Systems for Production Management, Lecture and Exercise in the specialization of Production Information Management (TU Wien, since Winter Sem. 2020)
- Advanced Topics in Production Information Management, Master Seminar in the specialization of Production Information Management (TU Industry 4.0 & Digital Transformation (Guest lecturer, Vienna University of Business and Economics (WU Wien), since 2019)
- KM in CPPS: Knowledge Management in Cyber Physical Production Systems, Lecture in the specialization of Production Information Management (TU Wien, since 2018)
- KM in CPPS: Knowledge Integration in Cyber Physical Production Systems, Exercise in the specialization of Production Information Management (TU Wien, since 2018)
- Knowledge-Based Maintenance (TU Wien, IMW, since 2017)
- Industry 4.0 from Vision to Reality (Visiting Lecturer, University of Siegen, Chair of Production Logistics Management, since 2017)
- Quantitative Decision Making (University of Siegen, Chair of Production Logistics Management, 2016)
- Knowledge Management in Industry 4.0 (University of Siegen, Institute of KBS & KM, 2015-2016)
- Software Engineering for Mechatronics (University of Siegen, Institute of KBS & KM, 2009-2016)
- Introduction to Programming (University of Siegen, Institute of KBS & KM, 2010)
- Invited Talk, Towards Reciprocal Learning in Collaborative Work Systems, CIRP Winter Meetings, Collaborative Working-Group on AI, Paris (Online), 16 February, 2022
- Invited Technical Talk, Knowledge-Based Maintenance for Sustainable Production Management, STC-O Meeting, CIRP General Assembly, Munich (Online), 25 August, 2021
- Invited Talk, Knowledge-Based Maintenance: TU Wien's Experiences and Foresights, EIT Manufacturing Hub Croatia, Online Event, 1 June, 2021
- Invite Talk, Human-Machine Learning in Manufacturing Sector: What is H-M Reciprocal Learning?, Skillnet - The Worldwide Network for skills in Advance Manufacturing, Online Event - Skillman International Forum (SIF), 10 December, 2020
- Invited Talk, Text-Mining in Industrial Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance Workshop, Association Industry 4.0 Austria – the Platform for Smart Production, Vienna, 5 June, 2020
- Invited Talk, Learning Factories for SMEs, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Skopje, North Macedonia, 27 September, 2019.
- Keynote Speaker, Knowledge Management 4.0 Is KM 4.0 for or against Industrial Fake News?!, TAKE 2019 - Theory and Applications in the Knowledge Economy, organized by Institute for Applied Research on Skilled Crafts and Trades (IAGF), WU Wien & Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKÖ), Vienna, Austria, 5 July, 2019.
- Keynote Speaker, Future of AI based maintenance planning and operations: Can a machine maintain its health score?, Conference on Industry Invited Lecturer, Knowledge-Based Maintenance: Today & Tommorrow , Infineon Winter School Chip Fab of the Future, Villach, Austria, 26 February, 2019.
- Invited Technical Talk, Dynamic Maintenance-based Insurance Model for Industrial Machines, CIRP Winter Meetings, STC-O, Paris, France, 21 February, 2019.
- Invited Technical Talk, Reciprocal Learning in Smart Factories, CIRP Winter Meetings, Collaborative Working-Group on Biologicalisation, Paris, France, 20 February, 2019.
- Speaker, The Evolution of Knowledge-Based Maintenance: From Descriptive to Prescriptive Maintenance, IT2Industry Forum, AUTOMATICA 2018, Munich, 19 June, 2018.
- Speaker and Workshop Organizer, Predictive Maintenance through Intelligent Data Management and Analysis, Smart Maintenance Pavillon in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Group for Production, AUTOMATICA 2018, Munich, Germany, 19 June, 2018.
- Speaker and Workshop Co-organizer, Session 2: Predictive Maintenance through Intelligent Data Management and Analysis, Smart Maintenance Sessions organized by the Fraunhofer Group for Production, Convention Center (Saal Paris), Hannover Messe, Hannover, Germany, 26 April, 2018.
- Invited Technical Talk, A Problem-Solving Ontology for Human-Centered CPPS: Human-CPPS Collaboration as an Enabler of Changeability, CIRP Winter Meetings, STC-O, Paris, France, 22 February, 2018.
- Speaker and Workshop Organizer, Promoting Learning Analytics for Practitioners, EAPRIL Conference 2017, Häme University of Applied Sciences, Finland, 29 November, 2017.
- Invited Symposium Discussant, The Connection Between Education and Technology in Co-Creation with High Tech Enterprises, EAPRIL Conference 2017, Häme University of Applied Sciences, Finland, 29 November, 2017.
- Invited Talk, From Predictive to Prescriptive Maintenance, 3rd Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems and Industry 4.0, Lemgo, October 25, 2017.
- Invited Talk, Predictive Analytics in Maintenance of Cyber Physical Systems, Knowledge Management Workshop for Industry and Production 4.0 – Machine Meets Knowledge, Stuttgart, June 24, 2015.
- Österreichischer Verband der Wirtschaftsingenieure (WING), since October 2021
- World Manufacturing Foundation, Focus Group AI in Manufacturing, since June 2021
- International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC)
- Chair of TC 5.2’s Working Group 4 “Predictive and Knowledge-Based Maintenance”, since 2020
- Member of Technical Committee 5.2 “Management and Control in Manufacturing and Logistics”, since September 2019
- International Association of Learning Factories (IALF)
- Member of Scientific Excellence Committee, since 2022
- Head of Working Group “Work-based Learning”, since 2020
- Member of Working Group “AI in Manufacturing”, since 2020
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2010
- IEEE Senior Member, since February 2022
- Member of Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society (IEEE SMC)
- Member of Technology and Engineering Management Society (IEEE TEMS)
- Member of TEMS’ Technical Activity Committees in “Engineering Processes” and “Innovation”
- Board Member at European Association for Practitioner Research on Improving Learning (EAPRIL), 2017-2020
- T. Biegel, N. Jourdan, T. Madreiter, L. Kohl, S. Fahle, F. Ansari, B. Kuhlenkötter & J. Metternich, Combining process monitoring with text mining for anomaly detection in discrete manufacturing, Proceedings of Conference on Learning Factories (CLF 2022), April 11-13, 2022, Singapore (Accepted)
- S. Nixdorf, M. Madreiter, S. Hofer & F. Ansari, A Work-based Learning Approach for Developing Robotics Skills of Maintenance Professionals, Proceedings of Conference on Learning Factories (CLF 2022), April 11-13, 2022, Singapore (Accepted)
- F. Ansari & L. Kohl, AI-enhanced Maintenance for Building Resilience and Viability in Supply Chains, Supply Network Dynamics and Control, Alexandre Dolgui, Dmitry Ivanov & Boris Sokolov (Eds.), Springer (In Press)
- M. Riester, F. Ansari, M. Foerster & K. Matyas, A Procedural Model for Utilizing Case-Based Reasoning in After-Sales Management, 18th International Scientific Conference on Industrial Systems – Industrial Innovation in Digital Age, October 7 - 9, 2020, Novi Sad, Serbia (In Press)
Journals (Peer reviewed)
- R. Glawar, F. Ansari, Z. J. Viharos, K. Matyas & W. Sihn, Integrating Maintenance Strategies in Autonomous Production Control using a Cost-based Model, Acta IMEKO - The e-Journal of the International Measurement Confederation (IMEKO), Vol. 3, Issue 3, 2021, pp. 156-166. http://dx.doi.org/10.21014/acta_imeko.v10i3.1070
- T. Passath, C. Huber, L. Kohl, H. Biedermann & F. Ansari, A Knowledge-Based Digital Lifecycle-Oriented Asset Optimisation, Technical Journal 15 (2), 2021, pp. 226-234. https://doi.org/10.31803/tg-20210504111400
- F. Ansari, L. Kohl, J. Giner, H. Meier, Text mining for AI enhanced failure detection and availability optimization in production systems, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 2021 (In Press, Online since June 8 2021). | Q1 in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- F. Ansari, P. Hold & M. Khobreh, A Knowledge-Based Approach for Representing Jobholder Profile toward Optimal Human-Machine Collaboration in Cyber Physical Production Systems, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Elsevier, Vol. 28, 2020, pp. 87-106. | Q1 in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- F. Ansari, Cost-Based Text Understanding to Improve Maintenance Knowledge Intelligence in Manufacturing Enterprises, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 141, 2020. | Q1 in Computer Science & Engineering
- F. Ansari, R. Glawar & T. Nemeth, PriMa: A Prescriptive Maintenance Model for Cyber-Physical Production Systems, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 32, Issue 4-5: Smart Cyber-Physical System Applications in Production and Logistics, Taylor & Francis, 2019, pp. 482-503.| Q1 in Mechanical Engineering
- S. Chala, F. Ansari, M. Fathi & K. Tijdens, Semantic Matching of Job Seeker to Vacancy: A Bidirectional Approach, International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Vol. 39 Issue: 8, 2018, pp.1047-1063. | Q2 in Management of Technology and Innovation
- F. Ansari, M. Khobreh, U. Seidenberg & W. Sihn, A Problem-Solving Ontology for Human-Centered Cyber Physical Production Systems, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Elsevier, Vol. 22C, 2018, pp. 91-106. | Q1 in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- F. Ansari, M. Fathi & U. Seidenberg, Problem-Solving Approaches in Maintenance Cost Management: A Literature Review, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Volume: 22, Issue: 4, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2016, pp.334 – 352. | Q2 in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- S. Chala, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Towards Implementing Context-aware Dynamic Text Field for Web-based Data Collection, International Journal of Human Factors and Ergonomics, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2016, pp. 93-111.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari, M. Fathi, R. Vas, S. T. Mol, H. A. Berkers & K. Varga, An Ontology-based Approach for the Semantic Representation of Job Knowledge, IEEE Transaction on Emerging Topics in Computing, Vol. 4, Issue: 3, 2016, pp. 462-473.| Q1 in Computer Science & Human-Computer Interaction
- S. Dienst, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Integrated System for Analyzing Maintenance Records in Product Improvement, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Springer, 2015, Vol. 76, Issue 1-4 , pp. 545-564.| Q1 in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering & Computer Science Applications
- F. Ansari, P. Uhr & M. Fathi, Textual Meta-analysis of Maintenance Management’s Knowledge Assets, International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2014, pp. 14-37.
- A. Klahold, P. Uhr, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Using Word Association to Detect Multi-topic Structures in Text Documents, IEEE Intelligent Systems, Volume: 29, Issue: 5, IEEE Computer Society, 2013, pp. 40 - 46. | Q1 in Artificial Intelligence
Book Chapters (selected)
- S. Schlund & F. Ansari, Fit for Future Work - Dynamisierung des Kompetenz-Profiling mithilfe KI-gestützter Datenanalyse betrieblicher Prozesse, Austrian Management Review, Wolfgang Güttel (Ed.), Vol. 11, 2021, pp. 96-102.
- L. Kohl, B. Fuchs, R. Berndt, Daniel Valtiner, F. Ansari & S. Schlund, Künstliche Intelligenz im Kompetenzmanagement, ZWF Zeitschrift für wirtschaftlichen Fabrikbetrieb, Carl Hanser Verlag, 116 (7-8), 2021, pp. 534-537.
- F. Ansari & W. Mayrhofer, Reciprocal Learning Assistance Systems in Smart Manufacturing: Transformation from Unidirectional to Bidirectional Learning Technology in Manufacturing Enterprises, Cognition and Exploratory Learning in the Digital Age, Pedro Isaias et al. (Eds): Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Springer, 2020, pp. 185-201.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari & U. Seidenberg, A Knowledge-Based Approach for Linking Workforce Experience and Labor Productivity in Smart Factory Industry 4.0, Building Future Competences - Challenges and Opportunities for Skilled Crafts and Trades in the Knowledge Economy, Vol. 2, 2020, pp. 17-35.
- T. Nemeth, F. Ansari & W. Sihn, Industrielle Realisierung wissensbasierter Instandhaltungsstrategien – Ein instandhaltungsspezifisches Reifegradmodell für Produktionsunternehmen am Weg zur Smart Factory, Industrie 4.0 Management, 5/2019, pp. 17-20.
- A. Stockert, R. Glawar, F. Ansari & W. Sihn, Qualitätsprognose anhand Prozess-parametern einer Papiermaschine mittels Industrial Data Science, ZWF Zeitschrift für wirtschaftlichen Fabrikbetrieb, Carl Hanser Verlag, 114 (5), 2019, pp. 310-313.
- F. Ansari, R. Glawar, & W. Sihn, Prescriptive Maintenance of CPPS by Integrating Multimodal Data with Dynamic Bayesian Networks, Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, Springer, , 2020 (Online Since 10 April 2019), pp. 1-8.
- K. Kovacs, F. Ansari, C. Geisert, E. Uhlmann, R. Glawar & W. Sihn, A Process Model for Enhancing Digital Assistance in Knowledge-Based Maintenance, Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, Springer, 2019, pp. 87-96.
- F. Ansari & R. Glawar, Knowledge-Based Maintenance, Book Chapter, In Instandhaltungslogistik, K. Matyas (Ed.), 7th Edition, Carl Hanser Verlag, 12/2018, pp. 318-342.
- F. Ansari, Cyber-Physical Systems, Chapter In: Strategy Paper of the Research, Development & Innovation Expert Group: Priority Research Areas & Measures to Support the Austrian Research Landscape in the Context of Industry 4.0, The Association Industry 4.0 Austria (Verein Industrie 4.0 Österreich), 2018, pp.26-28.
- U. Seidenberg & F. Ansari, Qualitätsmanagement in der additiven Fertigung – Herausforderungen und Handlungsempfehlungen, 3D-Printing: Recht, Wirtschaft und Technik des industriellen 3D-Drucks, Handbook, A. Leupold and S. Glossner (Eds.), Verlag C.H.Beck, 2017, pp. 159-214.
- F. Ansari, K. Schenkelberg, U. Seidenberg & M. Fathi, Problem Solving in the Digital World: Synoptic Formalism, Incrementalism and Heuristics, Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology, 2nd Edition; Laplante, P., Ed.; Taylor & Francis: New York, 2017.
- F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Meta-analysis of Maintenance Knowledge Assets Towards Predictive Cost Controlling of Cyber Physical Production Systems, Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, O. Niggemann and J. Beyerer (Eds.), Springer, 2016.
- K. Ternai, M. Khobreh & F. Ansari, An Ontology Matching Approach for Improvement of Business Process Management, Integrated Systems: Innovations and Applications, Springer, 2015.
- F. Ansari, I. Buethe, Y. Niu, C.-P. Fritzen & M. Fathi, Integration of Knowledge-based Approach in SHM Systems, Transactions on Engineering Technologies, Book Chapter No.: 55, pp. 765-779, Springer, 2014.
- S. T. Mol, G. Kismihok, F. Ansari & M. Dornhöfer, Integrating Knowledge Management in the context of Evidence Based Learning: Two concept models for facilitating the assessment and acquisition of job knowledge, Integration of Practice-Oriented Knowledge Technology: Trends and Prospectives, M. Fathi (Ed.), Springer pp.29-46, 2013.
- F. Ansari, M. Fathi & U. Seidenberg, Evolution of Intelligent Quality Management Process Based on Using Performance Quality Indicators, 6th Conference on Professional Knowledge Management: From Knowledge to Action, Lecture Notes in Informatics, Ronald Maier (Ed.), Vol. P-182,Gesellschaft für Informatik, Bonn, Germany, 2011, pp. 149-160.
Refereed Conference Papers (Selected)
- T. Madreiter, L. Kohl & F. Ansari, A Text Understandability Approach for Improving Reliability-Centered Maintenance in Manufacturing Enterprises, Advances in Production Management Systems (APMS 2021), Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable and Resilient Production Systems, IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Vol. 630, Springer, pp. 161.170.
- T. B. Tuli, L. Kohl, S. Chala, M. Mann & F. Ansari, Knowledge-Based Digital Twin for Predicting Interactions in Human-Robot Collaboration, 26th IEEE Intern. Conf. on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (IEEE ETFA), September 7-10, 2021, Västerås, Sweden, pp. 1-8.
- L. Kohl, F. Ansari, W. Sihn, A Modular Federated Learning Architecture for Integration of AI-enhanced Assistance in Industrial Maintenance, Academic Society for Work and Industrial Organization (Wissenschaftlichen Gesellschaft für Arbeits- und Betriebsorganisation), Gito Verlag Berlin, 2021, pp. 229-242.
- K. Kovacs, F. Ansari & W. Sihn, A Modified Weibull Model for Service Life Prediction and Spare Parts Forecast in Heat Treatment Industry, 10th CIRP Sponsored Conference on Digital Enterprise Technologies (DET 2020), Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 54, 2021, pp. 172-177.
- R. Glawar, F. Ansari, Z. J. Viharos, K. Matyas & W. Sihn, A Cost-based Model for Integrating Maintenance Strategies in Autonomous Production Control, 17th IMEKO TC 10 and EUROLAB Virtual Conference “Global Trends in Testing, Diagnostics & Inspection for 2030”, 2020, pp. 252-258.
- K. Schenkelberg, U. Seidenberg & F. Ansari, A Simulation-based Process Model for Analyzing Impact of Maintenance on Profitability, 25th IEEE Intern. Conference on Emerging Technolo-gies and Factory Automation (IEEE ETFA), September 8-11, 2020, Vienna, pp. 805-812.
- F. Ansari, S. Nixdorf & W. Sihn, Insurability of Cyber Physical Production Systems: How Does Digital Twin Improve Predictability of Failure Risk?, 4th IFAC Conference on Advanced Maintenance Engineering, Services and Technologies, September 10-11, 2020, Cambridge, UK, IFAC-PapersOnLine Volume 53, Issue 3, 2020, pp. 295-300. (Winner of Best Paper Award)
- K. Schenkelberg, U. Seidenberg & F. Ansari, Supervised Machine Learning for Knowledge-Based Analysis of Maintenance Impact on Profitability, 21st IFAC World Congress, July 12-17, 2020, Berlin, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Vol. 53, Issue: 2, 2020, pp. 10651-10657.
- N. Shilov, Nikolay, A. Smirnov & F. Ansari, Ontologies in Smart Manufacturing: Approaches and Research Framework, 26th Conference of Open Innovations Association (IEEE FRUCT 2020), April 20-24, 2020, Yaroslavl, Russia, pp. 408-414.
- F. Ansari, Knowledge Management 4.0: Theoretical and Practical Considerations in Cyber Physical Production Systems,9th IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control, Berlin, 28-30 August, IFAC-PapersOnLine, Vol. 52, Issue: 13, 2019, pp. 1597-1602.
- F. Biebl, R. Glawar, A. Jalali, F. Ansari, B. Haslhofer, P. de Boerd & W. Sihn, A Conceptual Model to Enable Prescriptive Maintenance for Etching Equipment in Semiconductor Manufacturing, 13th CIRP Conference on Intelligent Computation in Manufacturing Engineering, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 88, 2020, pp. 64-69.
- K. Schenkelberg, U. Seidenberg & F. Ansari, Analyzing the Impact of Maintenance on Profitability using Dynamic Bayesian Networks, 13th CIRP Conference on Intelligent Computation in Manufacturing Engineering, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 88, 2020, pp. 42-47.
- T. Nemeth, F. Ansari & W. Sihn, A Maturity Assessment Procedure Model for realizing Knowledge-Based Maintenance Strategies in Smart Manufacturing Enterprises, 25th International Conference on Production Research and Manufacturing Innovation: Cyber Physical Manufacturing (ICPR 2019), Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 39, 2019, pp. 645-654. (2nd Runner Up Best Paper Award)
- W. Sihn & F. Ansari, Industrial Data Science – From Raw Data to Useful Applications, In Proceedings of 21st International Seminar on High Technology, Brazil, October 2019, pp. 3-20.
- M. Khobreh, F. Ansari & U. Seidenberg, Applying Job-Know Ontology towards Linking Workforce Experience and Labor Productivity in Smart Factory Industry 4.0, In Proceedings of TAKE 2019 ‐ Theory and Applications in the Knowledge Economy Conference, Vienna, Austria, July 3-5, 2019, pp. 712-728.
- R. Glawar, F. Ansari, C. Kardos, K. Matyas & W. Sihn, Conceptual Design of an Integrated Autonomous Production Control Model in association with a Prescriptive Maintenance Model (PriMa), CIRP Life Cycle Engineering, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 80, 2019, pp. 482-487
- W. Mayrhofer, F. Ansari, W. Sihn, S. Schlund, Konzept für ein Assistenzsystem für Arbeitsplatznahes, Reziprokes Lernen in Hochautomatisierten Produktionsumgebungen, Gesellschaft für Arbeitswissenschaft (GfA) Frühjahrskongress, 27.02.19 - 01.03.19, Dresden, Deutschland.
- F. Ansari, P. Hold, W. Mayrhofer, S. Schlund & W. Sihn, AUTODIDACT: Introducing the Concept of Mutual Learning into a Smart Factory Industry 4.0, In Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA 2018), October 21-23, Budapest, Hungary, pp.61-68.
- F. Ansari, P. Hold & W. Sihn, Human-Centered Cyber Physical Production System: How Does Industry 4.0 Impact on Decision-Making Tasks?, 2018 IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society Conference, 27 June-1 July 2018, IL, USA.
- T. Nemeth, F. Ansari, W. Sihn, B. Haslhofer & A. Schindler, PriMa-X: A Reference Model for Realizing Prescriptive Maintenance and Assessing its Maturity Enhanced by Machine Learning, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 72, 2018, pp. 1039-1044.
- L. Lingitz, V. Gallina, F. Ansari, D. Gyulai, A. Pfeiffer, W. Sihn & L. Monostori, Lead Time Prediction using Machine Learning Algorithms: A Case Study by a Semiconductor Manufacturer, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 72, 2018, pp. 1051-1056.
- F. Ansari, S. Erol & W. Sihn, Rethinking Human-Machine Learning in Industry 4.0: How does the Paradigm Shift Treat the Role of Human Learning? Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 23C, 2018, pp. 117-122.
- F. Ansari & U. Seidenberg, A Portfolio for Optimal Collaboration of Human and Cyber Physical Production Systems in Problem-Solving, 13th International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age, October 28-30, Mannheim, Germany, International Association for Development of the Information Society, pp. 311-315, 2016.
- F. Ansari, U. Seidenberg, A. Stock & M. Vogel, Cost Controlling of Wind Energy Plants using Maintenance Process Modelling, 21st IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (IEEE ETFA), September 6-9, 2016, Berlin, Germany, IEEE Press.
- S. Chala, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, A Data Warehousing System for Knowledge-Based Structural Health Monitoring of Wind Power Plant, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology (IEEE EIT), May 19-21, 2016, Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA.
- F. Ansari, M. Dornhöfer & M. Fathi, Ein meta-analytischer Ansatz zur kontinuierlichen Verbesserung der Wissensqualität aus Cyber-physikalischen Produktionssystemen, Quality Management 4.0 - Status Quo! Quo vadis?, Kassel, Germany, Annual Conference of the Society for Quality Science (GQW), Vol. 6, pp. 187-207, February 25-26, 2016.
- Y. Niu, I. Buethe, F. Ansari, M. Fathi & C.-P. Fritzen, Towards Integration of a Knowledge-Based Approach into SHM, 5th European-American Workshop on Reliability of NDE, Berlin, October 7-10, 2013.
- F. Ansari, M. Fathi & U. Seidenberg, Combining Synoptic and Incremental Approaches for Improving Problem-Solving in Maintenance Planning, Monitoring and Controlling, In Proceedings of the 9th Interdisciplinary Workshop On Intangibles, Intellectual Capital And Extra-Financial Information, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), Copenhagen, Denmark, September 26-27, 2013.
- S. Nasiri, F. Ansari & M. Fathi, Dynamics of knowledge assets and change management perspectives, the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology (IEEE EIT), Rapid City, SD, USA, May 9-11, 2013, IEEE Press, pp.1-6.
- F. Ansari, R. A. Dewa & M. Fathi, Drive System Assistance Tool for Meta-Analysis of Dimensioning and Maintenance Indicators, 38th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE IECON 2012), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, October 25-28, 2012, IEEE Press, pp. 3113- 3119.
- F. Ansari, M. Fathi & U. Seidenberg, Integration of Knowledge Management in Preventive- and Corrective Maintenance Cost Controlling Using Performance Quality Indicators, Twelfth International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, University Center, Chicago, USA, July 6-8, 2012 (Recipient of Graduate Scholar Award), Common Ground Publishing.
- F. Ansari, M. Fathi & U. Seidenberg, Developing an Algebraic Model for Administrating Preventive Maintenance Cost of Production Machines, 4th World Conference on Production & Operations Management and the 19th International Annual EurOMA Conference, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 1-5, 2012.
- F. Ansari, S. Dienst, P. Uhr & M. Fathi, Using Data Analysis for Discovering Improvement Potentials in Production Process, 2011 Joint IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics (IEEE ICIT), Auburn, Alabama, USA, March 14-17, 2011, IEEE Press, pp. 279-284.
- S. Dienst, F. Ansari, A. Holland & M. Fathi, Applying Fusion Techniques to Graphical Methods for Knowledge Based Processing of Product Use Information, 2nd International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (IC3K 2010), Valencia, Spain, October 25-28, 2010, SciTePress, pp. 136-142.
- S. Dienst, F. Ansari, A. Holland & M. Fathi, Necessity of Using Dynamic Bayesian Networks for Feedback Analysis into Product Development, 2010 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC), Istanbul, Turkey, October 10-13, 2010, IEEE Press, 2010, pp. 939-946.
- F. Ansari, C. Sassenberg, R. Montino & M. Fathi, Integration of Knowledge Discovery Techniques in the Quality Management Model to Achieve Higher Target Quality, 14th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (IEEE ETFA), Spain, September 22-26, 2009, IEEE Press, pp.1-6.
- F. Ansari, A. Holland & M. Fathi, Advanced Knowledge Management Concept for Sustainable Environmental Integration, 8th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems, UK, September 9-10, 2009, IEEE Press, pp. 1-7.
- F. Ansari, M. Khobreh, S. Nasiri & M. Fathi, Knowledge Management Support for Quality Management to Achieve Higher Customer Satisfaction, the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology (IEEE EIT), Canada, June 7-9, 2009, IEEE Press, pp. 78-83.
Technical Report and White Papers
- E. Rauch, F. Ansari, et. al., AI as an Enabler for Long Term Resilience in Manufacturing, World Manufacturing Foundation, White Paper, October 2021.
- F. Ansari, Management of Knowledge Intelligence in Human-centered Cyber Physical Production Systems, Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, TU Wien, 2021.
- F. Ansari, Meta-Analysis of Knowledge Assets for Continuous Improvement of Maintenance Cost Controlling, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Siegen, December 2014.
- F. Ansari (Ed.), Industrial Artificial Intelligence, Taylor & Francis, (In Preparation, Expected in 2023).
- M. Fathi, M. Khobreh & F. Ansari (Eds.), Professional Education and Training through Knowledge, Technology and Innovation, Universie-Universitätsverlag Siegen, ISBN 978-3-936533-77-4, 2016.
- M. Fathi, A. Holland, F. Ansari & C. Weber (Eds.), Integrated Systems, Design and Technology 2010 - Knowledge Transfer in New Technologies, Springer, ISBN 978-3-642-17383-7, 2011.
- M. Fathi, M. Khobreh & F. Ansari (Eds.), Professional Education and Training through Knowledge, Technology and Innovation, Universie-Universitätsverlag Siegen, ISBN 978-3-936533-77-4, 2016