In recent months the research group "Power Systems" of the Institute for Energy Systems and Electrical Drives of the TU Vienna has been working on the research topic of "Smart Grids". The following topics are currently being worked on: integration of renewable energy units, load matching and islanding along with controllability of small generators and consumers units.
- Transfer of control tasks from generation and power grid to the load side (Demand Side Management)
- Micro grids and "No grids"
- Integration of renewable energies and decentralised production
- Impact of electromobility and photovoltaics
- Efficiency in local production and consumption
- Decentralised autonomous estates (energy system technology, thermodynamics and structural physics), sustainable cities
- Energy automation