Sustainable urban and regional development | Sustainability transformation for mining areas | Urban and regional planning | Qualitative und quantitative methods in human geography | Spatial analysis and GIS for urban and regional development
Yanli Zhang studied GIS (BSc) and Urban and Regional Planning (MSc) at Lanzhou University, China. She started to work at TU Wien in September 2018. Her PhD focuses on sustainable urban and regional development; her dissertation is about the sustainability transformation of mining areas. Her research interest areas are sustainable urban and regional development, applying spatial analysis and GIS in urban and regional planning and related studies.
- Strategies for Sustainable and Resilient Spatial Development
- Sustainable urban development in theory and practice (Seminar)
- Sustainable urban development in theory and practice (VU)
- Y. Zhang: "Resource sustainability: the fifth dimension of sustainable development for Resource-based cities in China"; Vortrag: 2nd Austrian Conference on International Resource Politics: Resources for a social-ecological transformation, Innsbruck; 28.02.2019 - 02.03.2019.
- Y. Zhang: "A Review of the Smart Sustainable Cities Research in China"; Vortrag: The e-Future of Cities, Belgrad, Serbien (eingeladen); 24.10.2019 - 25.10.2019; in: "The e-Future of Cities: Between Temptations of Exponential Technology Growth and the Concept of Human City", Eigenverlag, Belgrad (2019), ISBN: 978-86-6283-084-5; S. 325 - 333.
Covid-19 from a spatial perspective
- S. Banabak, R. Kalasek, F. Pühringer, J. Suitner, Y. Zhang: "Stadt.Land.COVID"; ÖGZ Österreichische Gemeindezeitung, Das Magazin des Österreichischen Städtebundes, 7-8/2021 (2021), 7-8; S. 32 - 33.