What you will learn
Develop and strenghten your role of manager by mastering the three value chains 'EEE':
- Execution: Focus on strategic important issues
- Engagement: motivating employees, using and promoting their potential
- Enhancement: providing impetus for further development and influencing transformation processes (employee and organizational level)
You will learn the core tasks of management to ensure financial performance and operational processes:
- Corporate accounting, basic financial principles, financing and valuation problems
- Economic policy and macroeconomic contexts, central economic theories and concepts
- Data Science and Technology Management, Big Data - applicability and assessment
- Statistical methods for collecting and analyzing data
- Innovation management
"Project Management" aims at teaching the basics of project management. On the basis of project simulations or concrete projects, the key points of the content-related, methodical, social and time-related work in projects are analyzed and the analysis, the concept creation and the implementation phases with the respective necessary framework conditions (e.g. project marketing, project controlling) are explained. Upon completion of the project management course, you will be able to present a fully planned project for certification according to IPMA (Level B or C).
Your Key Learnings
- You know the basic approach to project management according to IPMA and which advantages project management offers as a business process.
- You know the process model and the contents of project management (project start, coordination, controlling, marketing, closing and the handling of project crises).
- You know which project management methods are used in the individual project management processes and can apply them in practice.
- You are able to identify possible "stumbling blocks" in advance and thus reduce the risk of failure.
- You will be able to distinguish which project complexity requires which methods.
- You know how to put together a project team and how to manage it according to the situation. You are able to fulfill your role as a team member in a project in an optimal way.
- You are able to plan, control, coordinate and successfully complete projects independently and on your own responsibility (Level B or C).
- You are able to use project management software (MS Project) in relation to different areas of project management
In your Master's thesis, you will work independently on a problem in a topic area of your own choice, in terms of content and using scientific methods. In most cases, this is a question with practical relevance to your own working environment.