What & How you will learn
In our basic modules on Management & Technology Essentials, you will acquire a basic understanding of technology and key business skills in order to develop the ability to have a say and make decisions on general management issues against the backdrop of technological developments. In the basic module on Leadership & Organizational Behavior, you will grow beyond yourself and get to know your leadership behavior in a new way. Experiential and application-oriented learning as well as intensive exchange and interaction in small groups raise your leadership competence to a new level and strengthen your self-image as a leader.
From experience to expertise
The Master Class of the Executive MBA program Digital Transformation & Change Management teaches the intensive examination of new digital technologies, their impact and the associated process changes in everyday business. Using a variety of methods and tools, participants learn how to make strategic decisions for the future and how to deal with unforeseen challenges.
Your Key Learnings
- to explain the basics of behavior and the role of leadership in organizations.
- differentiate between different leadership styles.
- to analyze the behavior of employees and teams in organizations as well as of organizations.
- to develop starting points for change initiatives.
- to set clear priorities in your decision-making processes in order to influence your employees.
- to describe group processes and to design them.
- to define the development dynamics of organizations on a structural, processual and cultural level and to influence transformation processes through the methods learned.
In our Base Camp around the topics of "Management & Technology", you will deepen your knowledge in the areas of "Finance, Accounting & Economics", "Managing Technologies" and "Strategy & Marketing".
Your Key Learnings in the area of 'Finance, Accounting & Economics'
- to explain the basic aspects of internal and external corporate accounting, to apply them independently in the practical working environment and to use them for business decisions.
- to solve practical financing and valuation problems by applying basic financial principles.
- discuss macroeconomic relationships and current economic policy measures, apply central economic theories and concepts, and analyze the consequences of individual decisions in a market economy context
Your Key Learnings in 'Managing Technologies'
- the fundamental aspects of data science and technology management
- to select appropriate methods for data collection, apply suitable estimation procedures, and to analyze the results of a routine sample survey.
- describe basic concepts of probability and statistics and apply them to analyze simple data sets.
- assess the impact of big data on businesses and how the analysis of (big and heterogeneous) data can be used in your working environment
- understand the potential applications of new technologies from a management perspective
- present new technologies and assess what influence they have on yourwork environment and how they can be used in the respective context.
- present the basics of innovation processes on a company level, identify and apply important tools, models and methods of innovation management and develop innovation strategies.
Your Key Learnings in the area of "Marketing & Strategy
- to discuss the core topics of marketing and consumer behavior and to apply them in practice to specific situations
- to create specific marketing analyses and strategic marketing plans
- to explain the complexity of global business processes in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- apply knowledge from various business disciplines, both individually and collectively to solve practical problems.
- learn how to strategically manage internationally operating companies using performance indicators and financial ratios.
Our Master Class specializes in various topics: Organizational Path Development, Individual & Team Development, Digital Technologies, Digital Business Models, Business Process Analysis & Digitalization, Business Process Analysis & Digitalization, Strategic Change
Your Key Learnings in Digital Technologies & Business Models
- to identify and name current digital technologies
- to apply methods of analyzing and modeling business models as well as methods of business model innovation
- to independently develop new business models using digital technologies and evaluate them.
Your Key Learnings in Individual & Team Development and Process Development
- to identify digitization potentials and digitization challenges.
- to uncover opportunities for optimal use of digital technologies through process analysis and optimization.
- to describe mechanisms for dealing with resistance to change at the individual and team level and use them as appropriate to the situation.
Your Key Learnings in Path Development and Strategic Change
- to use methods and tools of change management as well as methods and tools of organizational development.
- to formulate concepts of organizational culture and how to influence it
- to use these tools independently to develop and implement a digitization strategy.
The Elective "Project Management" aims at teaching the basics of project management. On the basis of project simulations or concrete projects, the key points of the content-related, methodical, social and time-related work in projects are analyzed and the analysis, the concept creation and the implementation phases with the respective necessary framework conditions (e.g. project marketing, project controlling) are explained. Upon completion of the elective, you will be able to present a fully planned project for certification according to IPMA (Level B or C).
Your Key Learnings
- You know the basic approach to project management according to IPMA and which advantages project management offers as a business process.
- You know the process model and the contents of project management (project start, coordination, controlling, marketing, closing and the handling of project crises).
- You know which project management methods are used in the individual project management processes and can apply them in practice.
- You are able to identify possible "stumbling blocks" in advance and thus reduce the risk of failure.
- You will be able to distinguish which project complexity requires which methods.
- You know how to put together a project team and how to manage it according to the situation. You are able to fulfill your role as a team member in a project in an optimal way.
- You are able to plan, control, coordinate and successfully complete projects independently and on your own responsibility (Level B or C).
- You are able to use project management software (MS Project) in relation to different areas of project management
In your Master's Thesis, you will work independently on a problem in a topic area of your own choice, using scientific methods. In most cases, this is a problem with practical relevance to your own working environment.