This Master Program is unique throughout Europe's postgraduate education landscape. It is the first cross-border course dealing with the future issues of alternative energy production. In the beginning the focus of this program relied on contributions from Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. Meanwhile the international orientation was enlarged. The program is designed more and more cross-border in view of the growing markets in Europe and the expected investments of enterprises in these countries.
Within the scope of tailor-made country modules students gain in-depth knowledge on energy markets in selected European countries. Currently these country modules are offered alternating: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey.
Country specific lectures will include a market overview, legal issues, and promotion schemes. Considering the valuable contributions by our external partners we hope to broaden the focus of our program and to offer our students additional networking opportunities in countries where they may engage in future renewable energy projects.
The Country-Modules are currently held in
- Mosonmagyarovar (Hungary),
- Bratislava (Slovakia),
- Prague (Czech Republic),
- Krakow (Poland),
- Ljubljana (Slovenia),
- Zagreb (Croatia),
- Izmir (Turkey),
- Bucharest (Romania) and
- Hamburg (Germany).
The association Energiepark Bruck/Leitha was established in 1995 and acts as an innovation center for renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate protection and regional development. Since then a wide range of renewable energy projects have been realized. Continuous awareness raising is a crucial factor to reach the Paris climate targets. Therefore, energy consulting services, applied research projects and green education complete the range of Energiepark Bruck/Leitha’s activities. Energiepark Bruck/Leitha sees itself as a strong regional player with cross-border projects to our neighbouring EU-countries.
- Realization of all forms of energy production based on regenerative resources
- Research and development based on its own plants and supporting new technologies (e.g. biotech – microalgae)
- Knowledge transfer (e.g. this MSc program) and awareness raising
- Supporting the county capital (Bruck an der Leitha) and the surrounding region (Römerland Carnuntum) in all issues of energy efficiency
- Connecting Austria’s eastern region with its neighbouring countries (esp. Slovakia and Hungary) in the form of cross-boundary (EU) projects and direct investments (PV plant in Slovakia)
Business Operating areas:
- Consultancy services for energy efficiency measures
- Energy strategies for municipalities and regions
- Organization of excursions, lectures; working with pupils, students and the general public
- Research & development projects
- MSc Program „Renewable Energy Systems“
- Development, implementation and operational management of all sorts of renewable energy - power generation plants (e.g. wind, PV, biomass, biogas, etc.)
Except for the country modules lectures are given in
- Vienna, on the premises of TU Wien, and in
- Bruck/Leitha (Lower Austria), on the premises of Energiepark Bruck/Leitha.
Excursions are an integral part of this program. Matched with the curriculum of the single modules students will go on short study trips close to Vienna and Bruck/Leitha.
At the excursions students will experience renewable energy at first hand and deepen their knowledge practically.
Tailor-made country modules are offered to gain in-depth knowledge on energy markets in selected European countries.
For this purpose contributions will be made by:
West Hungarian University Mosonmagyaróvár
www.mtk.nyme.hu, opens an external URL in a new window
Czech Technical University in Prague
www.cvut.cz, opens an external URL in a new window
University of Science and Technology Krakow
www.agh.edu.pl, opens an external URL in a new window
Ege University in Izmir
http://www.ege.edu.tr/, opens an external URL in a new window
Slovenian Energy Restructuring Agency in Ljubljana
www.ape.si, opens an external URL in a new window
Energetski Institut Hrvoje Pozar in Zagreb
www.eihp.hr, opens an external URL in a new window
BGWEA Bulgarian Wind Energy Association in Sofia
bgwea.eu, opens an external URL in a new window
Hamburg University of Technology
http://www.tuhh.de/, opens an external URL in a new window
The Renewable Energy Talks serve to discuss recent topics and trends in the renewable energy sector with experts in their respective fields. They also are great events for networking and getting to know fellow students and alumni of the MSc Renewable Energy Systems.
Upcoming Talks will be displayed in the event section of this website.
Available documents (files, videos) of past talks will be provided below.
Next Program Start
November 4th, 2021
June 30th, 2021 - late applications possible! Please contact our Program team!