For the Alumni our Real Estate Programs an exclusive tour to the Parliament took place on July 7, 2022. The participants were able to gain insights into the progress of the renovation of the Parliament and received exciting information about this project of the century.
Facts and figures on the renovation of the Parliament building:, opens an external URL in a new window
- 55,000 m² of net floor space renovated
- 40,000 m² of floors demolished and newly laid, including technical installations relocated
- 800 m² of catering space including approx. 400 m2 of terraces
- 900 m² new visitor center on the ground floor
- 740 windows thermally renovated
- around 600 historic doors refurbished
- 500 chandeliers/light fixtures disassembled, cleaned and reassembled
- glass dome, electrochromic glass - diameter 28 m, area approx. 550 m²
- trades: around 90 trades involved in project implementation
- gain in space through project implementation: 10,000 m² increase in usable space and 3,000 m² increase in space for office workstations
Many thanks to BIG Bundesimmobiliengesellschaft m.b.H., opens an external URL in a new window who made this great visit possible! As well as to the representatives of ÖBA on site Werner Consult ZiviltechnikergmbH, opens an external URL in a new windowand Wendl ZT GmbH., opens an external URL in a new windowA big thank you to our alumni Astrid Grantner-Fuchs and Bernhard Holper (board members of ImmoABS - the alumni association of the real estate courses of the TU Wien) for organizing this unique tour.
In politically tense times, it becomes clear how important and essential Democracy is for each individual citizen of a country. One expression of this is the “High House”, in which the elected representatives of the people act.
Save-the-Date for alumni interested in architecture: On August 18, 2022, ImmoABS will organize a tour of Villa Beer (1130 Vienna) before the start of the renovation.