What & How you will learn
In our Base Camp around the topics of "Management & Technology", you will deepen your knowledge in the areas of "Finance, Accounting & Economics", "Managing Technologies" and "Strategy & Marketing".
Your key learnings in the area of 'Finance, Accounting & Economics'
You will learn
- to explain the basic aspects of internal and external corporate accounting, to apply them independently in the practical working environment and to use them for business decisions.
- to solve practical financing and valuation problems by applying basic financial principles.
- discuss macroeconomic relationships and current economic policy measures, apply central economic theories and concepts, and analyze the consequences of individual decisions in a market economy context
Your Key Learnings in 'Managing Technologies'
You will learn
- the fundamental aspects of data science and technology management
- to select appropriate methods for data collection, apply suitable estimation procedures, and to analyze the results of a routine sample survey.
- describe basic concepts of probability and statistics and apply them to analyze simple data sets.
- assess the impact of big data on businesses and how the analysis of (big and heterogeneous) data can be used in your working environment
- understand the potential applications of new technologies from a management perspective
- present new technologies and assess what influence they have on yourwork environment and how they can be used in the respective context.
- present the basics of innovation processes on a company level, identify and apply important tools, models and methods of innovation management and develop innovation strategies.
Your Key Learnings in the area of "Marketing & Strategy"
You will learn
- to discuss the core topics of marketing and consumer behavior and to apply them in practice to specific situations
- to create specific marketing analyses and strategic marketing plans
- to explain the complexity of global business processes in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- apply knowledge from various business disciplines, both individually and collectively to solve practical problems.
- learn how to strategically manage internationally operating companies using performance indicators and financial ratios.
Our program is designed for professionals and allows you to balance your job, family and continuing education. It allows you to work whilst developing new entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and competencies.
Classes are taught in a block format usually from Thursday-Saturday or Friday-Sunday, usually about every 4 weeks. In total, the program consists of 15 teaching days.
All modules are divided into a preparation phase, the in-class time and a follow-up phase.
The individual preparation phase for a module includes pre-readings, preparation of case studies, preparation of presentations, essays, etc.
The MBA classes use a wide variety of teaching and learning methods. These range from interactive case studies, simulations and calculations to classical presentations, but also include discussions, group dynamic exercises and reflections.
Modules take place in full-day blocks and usually last between 3-5 days.
The individual follow-up phase is intended to consolidate or apply what has been learned in class. Depending on the module, the follow-up phase may include writing assignments, case studies, reflections or exams.