CAIML, the Center for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at TU Wien, is offering 3 positions, each for expected 4 years for 30 hours/week. Expected start: May 2022.
The mission of CAIML is to establish TU Wien as an Austrian center of excellence in artificial intelligence and machine learning, both in their foundations as well as in their applications and to be a leader in (1) methods of artificial intelligence, (2) methods of machine learning and (3) explainable artificial intelligence and artificial intelligence aspects of digital humanism. CAIML is a joint center of the Faculty of Informatics and the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation.
TU Wien is one of the most successful technical universities in Europe and the largest one in Austria and home to CAIML. The Faculty of Informatics of TU Wien is a leading research and teaching institution which consistently ranks among the top 100 computer science faculties in the global Times Higher Education ranking. In the heart of Europe, Vienna has a distinguished history in mathematics, computer science, and logic research and offers one of the highest living standards in the world.
The doctoral positions are open to national and international high-potential early-stage students with a strong background in at least one of the fields of Computer Science, Mathematics, and Philosophy, and in topics including
- Symbolic Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Digital Humansism Perspectives on Artificial Intelligence
- Collaboration on research tasks
- Research and project activity
- Writing publications
- Participation in scientific events
- Completion of a master or diploma curriculum in one of these fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Philosophy (Digital Humanism)
- Skillful in computational work
- Good didactic skills
- Very good skills in English communication and writing. Knowledge of German (level B2) or willingness to learn it in the first year
- Interest in research in the field as well as supervision and work with students
- Very good communicative skills and team competences and innovative ability
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Central location of workplace with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in a city with one of the best standards of living in the world
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
Entry level salary is determined by the pay grade B1 of the Austrian collective agreement for university staff. This is a minimum of currently EUR 2,294.00/month gross, 14 times/year for 30 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to receiving your application until 21.04.2022.