Books (authors’ and editors’ works, thematic anthologies) from within the classical research context and research-led teaching as well as doctoral theses and conference proceedings are published. It is possible to publish your book as a single work or as a volume in a series. The entire range of TU Wien’s expertise is relevant.
The publishing service is accessible to all members of TU Wien. That includes doctoral students or research fellows at TU Wien as well as project staff and lecturers who are members of TU Wien. It is important that you either have an affiliation with TU Wien at the time of signing the publishing contract with us or that the context of origin of your work is distinctly associated with your affiliation with TU Wien.
By the way: the publishing programme does not include lecture scripts and textbooks or conference publications that are purely volumes of abstracts.
When is TU Wien Academic Press the appropriate publication partner?
Cooperation is generally a good idea for any scientific print or online book publication by people affiliated with TU Wien. TU Wien Academic Press may also be of interest to researchers who are carrying out activities beyond the subjects typically associated with books:
- You are working on interdisciplinary projects or within international consortia and would like to publish – in addition to journal articles – selected research results or a collection of important insights from such projects in a book.
- You are a coordinator at a doctoral college and would also like to draw attention to the added value that structured collaboration between doctoral students and established researchers creates by publishing a concluding thematic anthology.
- You are handling an FWF project and need an open access publication.
- You are a member of the executive committee at a professional organisation or conference series and would like to publish your conference proceedings with us.
- You are a specialist and frequently write expert reports, for example, for associations and these reports are suited to be made accessible to the public.
- Your doctoral thesis or a doctoral thesis you have supervised is outstanding and should be published as a book for maximum dissemination.
- Your institute self-publishes a series of publications or you would like to establish a series of publications.